Tom Monroe Lesson Policies
August 5, 2020
· Lessons are for a specified block of time (ex. Wednesday 6:00 to 6:30) and meet weekly. It is asked that a minimum of twenty-four hours notice be given if a lesson is going to be missed.
In addition to their instrument and music, a student should have a 3-ring loose-leaf notebook
with notebook paper for assignments.
Printed exercises and other handouts should be kept in the notebook as well.
· Study materials will be suggested from time to time and should be acquired as soon as possible.
Some lesson activities require a metronome.
· Students are expected to practice during the week. In general, many shorter sessions throughout the week tend to be more beneficial than only one or two longer sessions. Most students find having a regularly scheduled time 4 to 7 days a week
a reliable way to ensure effective practicing.
· Tuition rates are as follows:
$30 per half-hour lesson
recommended for beginners and elementary-age students
$35 per 45-minute lesson
recommended for middle school and high school-age students
$60 per hour lesson
recommended for adult students with irregular schedules
· Tuition is payable by check or cash the day of the lesson.